HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

We have a Thermolec -10U Model wall boiler as our only

Customer Question
We have a Thermolec...

We have a Thermolec B-10U Model wall boiler as our only source of in floor heat in our cabin. It shuts down periodically, not sure why. It can stay off for several hours, then it just comes back on. The pump will be running off the thermostat, so as the pump starts, the boiler kicks on as the water passes through it. But for some reason, at times the pump starts up, the boiler does not heat up, just drops the temp gauge to the in floor water temp until something in the boiler finally kicks back in. Any ideas!!

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

The wall thermostat runs the pump, which when as the water flows through the boiler, it usually heats up as the water temp drops when flowing through. There are no filters on the water system as it is an open system, and I would think if there was a plugged system, the temp gauge on the boiler would not drop as the water is pumping through it.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends on what it is, otherwise I have an electrician stopping by this morning to take a look.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, just if there is a special something they should test for possibly look to replace

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/27/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 4 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Most likely culprit is a faulty temp sensor. Here's a link to the (less than helpful) manual in case you don't have it. Manual does show component location but no wiring diagram.

http://www.thermolec.com/_documentationcache/cd-360-Boiler%20Manual%20Version%2011English%20Canada%20Dec%202012.pdf

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer