HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a 350 mav that doesn’t always ignite. It will try to…

Customer Question
I have a Bryant...

I have a Bryant 350 mav that doesn’t always ignite. It will try to but shuts off but when it does ignite it runs for 2 mins or so then shuts off for a few hours. I have opened all the vents and changed the filter

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Could the drain be affecting this? I also cleaned the flame sensor rod

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

Just started yesterday afternoon

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No code alarm

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/27/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 8 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Based on your description a clogged condensate drain or water in the pressure switch tubing are likely culprits.

How do I unclogg

You have to remove all the hoses (one at a time) and use a wet vac to suck out the line.