HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I am in Chicago on one of the coldest nights of the season…

Customer Question
Hi my name is...

Hi my name is ***** ***** am in Chicago on one of the coldest nights of the season and, as it always happens, my furnace stopped working and it is really late at night. Initially draft blower was the only thing working. Then I turned off the furnace claned the flame detector probe and turned back on. It started working fine and the everything stopped working.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you check the furnace's filters?

I just changed them. They were very very dirty. We have been doing some work in the house and created a lot of dust

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I am trying. With the Christmas celebrations I was left very short on cash.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Unfurtunately is very late and every store is closed. I went to Walmart hoping they had the 3A fuse but, no luck.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/27/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 6 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation.

What is the brand and model of your furnace? What is the LED flash sequence on the control board?