HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have two roof top units. In Toronto and it is very cold.

Customer Question
I have two roof...

I have two roof top units. In Toronto and it is very cold. Got home. One thermostat set to 22 c but inside temperature 16. Unit has no heat coming out of it and error code 56. Can I fix it tonight.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If i can get going tongiht yes. what is an error code 56?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Is this a stupid automated reply

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/27/2017
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 8 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

What is the model on unit that is not coming on and is the error on board in unit or on thermostat? If on thermostat what is model on thermostat?

its on the unit. lenox roof top.
its on the unit. lenox roof top. the unit is on. just no heat.

Model on the Lennox?

its a big commercial unit. the error code is 56. do you know what that is?

I will need the model to be able to pull a legend for the error code and guide you in troubleshooting.It should be on a label on outside panel

can i fix it tonight or do i need to call a service person tomorrow.

Give me a few moments to see if I can find a Lennox legend 56 on packed units.They are constantly changing so the model would make this a lot quicker. Not being rude, but to ask me what the legend means without knowing the model is sort of like saying I have a Ford with check engine light on.

the error code is listed inside the unit. says GAS UNIT S18(combustion air proof switch 1) is open.
can i do anything tonight or do i need to get a sevice person here tomorrow.

If you can do some troubleshooting we might can get it going.Does the small vent motor come on when you call for heat?And do you have a volte meter for troubleshooting?

Unless you are familiar with schematics you are going to be best to call in a Lennox tech.These units are a bit complicated even for me with 48 years in the business as everything is explained through shematics rather than diagrams.See belwo