HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Carrier model 58GSC065JB. Works good, but when thermostat…

Customer Question
Carrier model 58GSC065JB....

Carrier model 58GSC065JB. Works good, but when thermostat temp is reached, after burners shut down, sounds like the fan attempts to start up 3 times.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

May be a fan issue. Is there a thermostat on the fan?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, if it something simple like a switch or thermostat. I have replaced the "run capacitor", but that did not solve the issue.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I can think of.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/27/2017
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 7 months ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

The safety high limit could be an issue if the unit is overheating . Does it actually run for a bit then stop?

No. Unit does not appear to be overheating. Just seems like after shut-down, fan wants to start up (3 times), then everything seems normal.
This is not helping (and the price keeps going up). I will probably get a local technician. Can you recommend a Technician in ZIP 92646?