HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Freedom 90 single stage furnace.... no heat, and the led…

Customer Question
Freedom 90 single stage...

Freedom 90 single stage furnace.... no heat, and the led blinks 3 times.... where is the ignitor? how to test it?

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Filters are good thermostat is on

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Very likely... we are about 6 hours to the nearest licensed hvac technician.... I am an apprentice and work on them quite regularly... just not familiar with the component locations on this unit

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just looking for some flowchart for ignition or diagram with component locations...

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/26/2017
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 7 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

What is actual model on furnace

'

Model : aux080c942d0
S/n : 2302kt47g
Line : 07

THanks.The three blinks is a pressure switch error.Does the small vent motor come on?

Ok next in line is the pressure switch.Do you hear it click and can you verify it closes allowing continuity through the switch.It is a small canister with rubber hose from vent fan attached.

Oce inducer (vent fan) starts you can jump it pressure switch out to see if it lets furnace light

Could be a bad switch or the inducer is not pulling sufficient vacuum to close it. Do you have a manometer to read vacuum water column?

Unfortunately not present.

Make sure the hoses look good and there is no water backed up in drain.It doesn't take much as these things open at only something like less than an inch water column of vacuum.If vent and drains are clear and hoses look good I would try a new pressure switch