HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I’ve been on the phone for 2 hours, getting frustrated

Customer Question
I’ve been on the...

I’ve been on the phone for 2 hours, getting frustrated because I cannot get help. The thermostat goes to C than to F and temps go up and down

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

To thermostat. It’s a new problem. I changed batteries thinking that was the problem

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I hope to. I’m renting and I don’t have the money for this

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/26/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 7 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

If the thermostat ramdomly jumps from C to F then you need a new thermostat. Changing this setting C/F is not something that can be done inadvertently