HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Trane XL80 with 4 blink code happening. It started…

Customer Question
I have a Trane...

I have a Trane XL80 with 4 blink code happening

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

It started a few days ago but never looked up the code until today

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Only if I can reset it or do a check on it. I would call my furnace guy if anything needed to be replaced. I called already but they’re not open today

Contractor's Assistant: Did you check the furnace's filters?

Yes. Recently changed. Is there more than the one big filter?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Furnace lee gets but won’t blow. If I turn it on and off it works for a couple minutes but then stops

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/26/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 6 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can

continue our conversation.

A 4 blink is an open limit circuit.

You can try resetting the rollout switch(es) (see attached pic for typical). They are located just outside the burner chamber. Turn off the power then press the small button between the 2 leads to reset it. If it clicks you have reset it and the unit will fire up when you turn the power back on with any luck. If it doesn't click it wasn't tripped.
Check to be sure there isn't more than one by tracing the leads connected to the switch.