HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Weil McLain gas furnace. The pilot light is on, but…

Customer Question
Hello, I have a...

Hello, I have a Weil McLain gas furnace. The pilot light is on, but the burners won't ignite. Do you have any suggestions on where to start troubleshooting?

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the pilot light?

Yes, I moved the thermostat up to 80 degrees to try and force the furnace to engage. The pilot light remains on, but the furnace won't cycle on.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't think so, no.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/26/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 6 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your

issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation. What's the model number of your unit?

Hi Rick, I'm John.
The model number for my Weil McLain unit is CGM-4-P1, (105,000 BTU)

There seems to be an issue with your account please contact customer service if you want to talk. We can continue here if you like.

Click on the CONTACT US link to contact customer service.

Is the pilot lit all the time or do you have electronic ignition?