HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Rheem Performance Plus 40 gal Hot water heater,

Customer Question
Thank you. I have...

Thank you. I have a Rheem Performance Plus 40 gal Hot water heater, model # XE40 M)9EL55U1. The lower Element light is not on and there is no hot water. the top two element lights are on.

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

We were away for two weeks and I drained down the house including the heater. There is no hot water at all. The heATER HAS BEEN ON SINCE 5A.M..

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

IT DEPENDS ON WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

THAT'S ALL.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/26/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 6 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Most likely the upper element or thermostat has failed. You will need a meter to determine which one is the culprit.