HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My furnace comes on but the burners cut off after 2 or 3…

Customer Question
My furnace comes on...

My furnace comes on but the burners cut off after 2 or 3 seconds

Contractor's Assistant: Did you check the furnace's filters?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Lf I can I will

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That's about all can tell you and the furnace is a rheem super quiet 80

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/26/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 6 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your

issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation. I need the actual model number. It's on the BTU rating tag inside the burner compartment

rgpn07eamgr

I'm going to assume you mean a RGPH as there is no model RGPN listed in Rheem's data base. Does the unit have a hot surface igniter (glow plug?) or spark ignition?