HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Goodman furnace hums but won't start. It's Christmas.so yes…

Customer Question
Goodman furnace hums but...

Goodman furnace hums but won't start.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you check the furnace's filters?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

It's Christmas.so yes there is a red light. That goes on and starts flashing after a couple seconds on the control board mounted to the fan

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Sorry I'm not a furnace guy it's10 degrees out and just need the furnace to work.hopefully before has to pay triple price service call

Contractor's Assistant: JustAnswer requires a modest payment. You'll see the amount on the next page. It's way less expensive than face-to-face would cost. And you're covered by our 100% satisfaction guarantee.

I. Used it be fire not for furnaces.on my phone now so I don't see next page. Do I click on one of the service guys?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/25/2017
HVAC Technician: BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech replied 6 months ago
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech

My name is Billy.

Are you able to post a pic of the furnace with door off so I can draw some direction?

thank you...got it....now can you post the other section?....the part that has where the exhaust leaves?

Ok for this we need the door put on over the circuit board...power on, thermostat on...to where it hums...then see HERE

No .
When I turn it by hand it's squeaky and kinda hard

Ok then we have either something crawled in (bird, rodent etc) or the wheel inside has become defective. This means removing the motor housing from furnace or at a minimum removing the vent pipe from motor to try and see in the housing.

Ok .I have to get some tools it's going to be a 30 mins to get it done

just respond when you can

Nothing in there.
Just turns kinda hard

Then you need a new inducer motor. If the fins and wheel are all in place...and nothing in housing..then the motor is bad.

Sorry for bad holiday news...

Billy

Ok. Would have to call a furnace guy to get one today?

That is correct...and you need to call a dealer that carries parts for your furnace.

Ok thanks

when all set just rate service ( 5 star system) to close question.

Billy