HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Goodman 90+ furnace working intermittently, when its not…

Customer Question
Goodman 90+ furnace working...

Goodman 90+ furnace working intermittently, when its not running i get three flashing lights and the inducer motor is running

Contractor's Assistant: Did you check the furnace's filters?

Yes, its only about 30 days old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Also have water in the base of the furnace possibly but will most likely be calling in a service tech I did have to remove a bird from the inducer motor at the beginning of the heating season

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I think thats it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/25/2017
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 7 months ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

That is a pressure switch code, meaning the pressure switch is not closing when the exhaust fan is coming on. So you need to check and make sure the exhaust fan comes on first. You can cycle the power off to the unit at the switch or breaker for a minute and turn it back on to clear the code and restart a heat cycle making sure the thermostat is on or you have R to W jumpered on the board in the furnace. If the fan does not come on check the fan for power. If the fan does come on and nothing is plugged in the exhaust or intake vent then check the pressure tube for blockages. That is the rubber tube that connects the pressure switch to the blower housing. If that tube is blocked or cracked that code will come up. You need to check the port where the tube connects to the exhaust blower housing make sure that port is not blocked with crud. Normally it is one of these issues causing that code on the furnace. Lastly you have to check all condensate lines on the unit, especially the drain line that comes out of the inducer motor housing to make sure nothing is blocked causing a backup of condensate water. If it is that code will come up.

Merry Christmas....All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

thanks I checked everything you said and noticed a breeze blowing in the exhaust PVC Pipe and that the pipe vents straight out the side of the bond, should there be a breeze coming in the exhaust pipe and should there be an elbow on the exhaust pipe?

There should be airflow out the end of the pipe, a 45 degree should be there not really a 90.

It vents straight out with a cone shaped fitting on the end a there is enough wind blowing in at the furnace to put out a match easily
this is similiar to the temination.
https://www.alpinehomeair.com/partnernet/photoFiles/LiveCache/imgCache-DCVK2030TopUpClose_500_0.jpg

That is fine for termination

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!