HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I HAVE A INSTA FLO MAJESTIC FIREPLACE. MAJESTIC INSTA FLAME.

Customer Question
I HAVE A INSTA...

I HAVE A INSTA FLO MAJESTIC FIREPLACE.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what type of fireplace is this?

MAJESTIC INSTA FLAME.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

NO. UNABLE TO TURN CONTROL KNOB FAR ENOUGH TO THE PILOT LIGHT POSITION. NEVER HAPPENNED BEFORE

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

THE PILOT LIGHT WAS ALWAYS ON AND THEN TURNED IT OFF. NOW UNABLE TO TURN KNOB FAR ENOUGH TO PILOT LIGHT POSITION AND THERE FORE CANNOT START THE FIRE .

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/25/2017
HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 7 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

You can try 2 things...

Turn the knob all the way off and on a couple of times, then turn to pilot position.

Slightly depress the know as you rotate to pilot position.

If both of those do not work, then the problem is internal on the gas valve and will most likely need replacing as the valves are not repairable.

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question?

Thanks,

Dave

I was reviewing my open questions list and noticed this one has not been answered or replied to. Did you still need help with it or should it go back to customer service for proper processing?

As of this posting I have not been able to locate any additional information on this specific issue, and since I have not received any reply or feedback from the recommendations I mentioned above, I trust they have been helpful in resolving this problem. However, if you are still needing additional assistance, please let me know by using the reply box below, otherwise I will proceed in closing out this question.

Thank you,

Dave