HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

32 below,xmas day and my furnace wont start can you help.

Customer Question
32 below,xmas day and...

32 below,xmas day and my furnace wont start can you help

Contractor's Assistant: Did you check the furnace's filters?

Just changed them

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Furnace was firing but not staying on long enough to come up to temp

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have to try and find a repair guy cause we are going to freeze up quickly

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/25/2017
HVAC Technician: Andrew Smith, HVAC Technician replied 6 months ago
Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, HVAC Technician
Do you have the make and model?
So you have any error codes?
just going to get make and model,
carrier model 58mcb
Ok, does it make any attempt to start?
Let see if it is the boiler or the controls.
no error codes or how do i get them
From the boiler itself on the controller.
Does it try and start?
it is not a boiler , it is high efficiency furnace
it was trying to start and run but not come up to preset temp
Is it starting at all?
I wonder if it's a thermostat problem
Let see if we can keep you on longer if it is starting?
not any more
just going to see if any error codes
Ok
The more information the better
i got it running ,it was frozen up do to the hvac intake air was frozen, pipe was completely frosted up ,why?
No filter or preheat for your -32 degrees air?

Are you still running?