HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a lennox furnace that is not working the furnace

Customer Question
Hello i have a...

Hello i have a lennox furnace that is not working the furnace lights and the burners come on breifly then shut off i have a flash code of 8 flashes

Contractor's Assistant: Did you check the furnace's filters?

Yes they are clean do you know what the 8 flash code is?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It is a lennox ML193UH furnace

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/25/2017
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 6 months ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

That is normally an open limit code, but if it lights up then goes out right away then repeats this process you need to remove and clean the flame sensor rod off on the unit. The flame sensor rod is what detects the flame after lighting and tells the board to keep sending power to the gas valve to keep the flame going. Over time these get corroded and even go bad failing to send the correct Milliamp signal to the board. Normally a good cleaning with some sand paper will clean them right up and they will work fine again and in other instances they need to be replaced. The part is on the burner manifold and typically will only have 1 wire attached to it and will either be a straight metal rod with a porcelain base or a bent metal rod with a porcelain base. Get that out and clean it off then try it and see what happens. Here is an image of what you would be looking for to take out and clean off with sand paper. If that does not solve it let me know.

CLICK HERE

Merry Christmas....All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!