HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I need to restore a wireless internet connection. Since

Customer Question
I need to restore...

I need to restore a wireless internet connection.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Since November 4th when we lost power

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have an app that tells me the wireless connection was lost. I need to restore it.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/24/2017
HVAC Technician: Andrew Smith, HVAC Technician replied 6 months ago
Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, HVAC Technician
Is it your router that was turned off?
Is it back on now?
Can you see the network id on your phone when you search?
We also changed the password ***** the router. I don't know what you mean re the network id on the phone.
Ok.
Are you able to search for the network on your phone or PC and try and connect?
I keep getting the following message on my app. Thermostat alert - the internet connection was lost on 11/4/2017. You will not be able to make updates or view status until this connection is restored. . . Call customer care at 1-***-***-****.No matter what I do, I get this message.
Ok.
A lot of the apps don't let you change settings so you end up uninstalling the item and reinstalling it.
You will need to do that to solve this.
I tried that several times. It didn't work. My app is on the cloud and it redownloads the old app.

Do you have the make and model?