HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My remote does not turn on Monessen natural gas heater model…

Customer Question
My remote does not...

My remote does not turn on Monessen natural gas heater model dlx18. batteries are new both in remote and receiver .

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

2 months

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Remote appears normal fire does not start

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/24/2017
HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 6 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

I​f the transmitter (remote) and receiver are properly synced, then the problem will either be the receiver is not communicating with the gas valve, or the gas valve is faulty. The gas valve may be ok, but the controls into and out of the gas valve may be causing the problem. the only way to know for sure is to check for proper gas flow and electrical continuity. Of course this is providing the gas and electricity are both on and working properly.

ok thanks

A​re you able to check these items or would you prefer to have a qualified service technician inspect and determine the problem?

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question?

Thanks,

Dave

I have not been able to locate any additional information on this issue and since I have not received any feedback, I am thinking the recommendations I mentioned above have been helpful in resolving this problem. If you still need additional assistance just let me know by using the reply box.

Thanks,

Dave

Hello...

I am not sure if you have been receiving my follow up messages regarding this question however, if you would be so kind as to please respond and let me know if the information I provided initially was helpful or if you still require some assistance, I would sincerely ***** ***** that way I can either continue helping you or forward this to customer support for further processing.

Thank you very much,

Dave

HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 5 months ago

Hello... I would very much appreciate if you can take a few moments and reply to this email and let me know if you still require assistance, or should I proceed forward to closing out this question since it has been open for so long.

Thank you,

Dave

Hello... As part of our continuous follow up procedures, every open question requires it to be closed out once it has gone past a reasonable time, and that the expert has provided an answer that should have helped resolve your question. This can be done simply by completing the 5 Star Rating once it appears. If you still require assistance or have additional questions, you can let the expert know by replying to this posting that you still need their advice and recommendations.

Thank you,

Dave

HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 4 months ago

Hello, I was reviewing my open questions and noticed this one has not been replied too, however I did respond with an answer back on December 24, 2018 and therefore I am wondering if that has resolved the problem you were experiencing. I would greatly appreciate a reply email, so I can complete this open question, or just let me know if you need further assistance, and I can continue to look for another solution.

HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 3 months ago

Thank you,

Dave

HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 2 months ago

Thank you,

Dave

HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 1 month ago

I do apologize for these continuing follow-up messages, however since this question remains open and will only close out once the rating portion has been completed by you. Please assist me by taking a few moments to fulfill the rating requirement and this will satisfy the system.

Thank you so much, I sincerely ***** *****

Best,

Dave

Greetings...

I was reviewing my open questions and noticed this one has not been rated yet. If you could take a couple of moments and complete the 5 Star Rating which will close out the question I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Dave