HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Honeywell thermostat Aube 350-000-071-. Keeps saying low…

Customer Question
Honeywell thermostat Aube 350-000-071-B...

Honeywell thermostat Aube 350-000-071-B. Keeps saying low battery even though I put new ones in

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

It is the thermostat

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

What work?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have 2 thermostats in my house. I took the one that is working and it worked on both furnaces fine. The other one keeps saying low batt

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
How many hours should I wait?
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/24/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 7 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, your question got posted to the wrong category, its is in HVAC right now, and I am working on it

Make sure the ends of the batteries are clean, and then clean the battery terminals inside the thermostat with a Q tip and alcohol... if that fails insert the batteries backwards for 30 seconds, the reinstall them in the correct position.

.

Let me know how that goes.

.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Not working

Thanks, ***** ***** use Ever ready, alkaline or Durcell batteries....are you sure they were good?

I’ve tried 3 different pairs of brand new batteries
Energizer

If the batteries are one of those brands, and not chinese, and they are installed correctly, and your thermostat shows a low battery signal, the thermostat is bad

If you tried 3 sets, then the thermostat is bad. 98% chance, not much else it could be.... have you tried putting the batteries in backwards for 30 seconds.

Energizer is good

After 30 seconds and I did 5 minutes earlier

The thermostat is bad in that case, you have proven that with your various tests

Where can I find that replacement

http://www.shortyshvac.com

can get you a replacement

Its time to locate the "finish and rate your expert" link near the top of your screen and click on it, I will appreciate it, we can go on without any time limit with follow up questions as needed.

Tell me what city you are in or nearest I might be able to locate a dealer in your area

San Diego

Hello again, the Ayube 350 is not searching on the Honeywell site, click here to see

If anyone can find it for you it will be http://www.shortyshvac.com

Call them tomorrow, let me know what they can do, if that fails get back to me and I will try my other sources.