HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a magic chef Ultra 90II furnace and we think the fuse…

Customer Question
I have a magic...

I have a magic chef Ultra 90II furnace and we think the fuse has blown but cannot find it.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you check the furnace's filters?

I just changed it. It will not come on.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes. My son worked in heating and a/c but cannot locate the fuse if there is one.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

He was putting in a new thermostat and thought 2 of the wires touched so that is why he thought a fuse blew. I've had no problems with it up until now.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/23/2017
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 7 months ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Not all units have a fuse, if yours does not that would be a blown board then, it happens a lot on units that have no low votlage protection fuse. CHeck thow to see if there is low voltage fuse in the furnace or airhandler. There typically is a SLOT STYLE 3-5AMP FUSE on the board itself inside the furnace/airhandler like this.

If that is burned out all power to the thermostat will be lost. 95% of all units use some sort of SLOT FUSE or inline BUS STYLE FUSE to protect the low voltage circuit. You need to find that and change it out. If you just bump two wires together you could have just popped it without even knowing it. Now if for some reason your unit does not use a fuse often the board will be damaged due to the short. You would need to confirm you have 24 volts to the board inside the furnace/airhandler with a volt meter to make sure though.

Note if you have a condensate pump check the float and make sure the pump is not full of water...as that could cut low voltage power to the unit as well if the pump is not working and full of water.

Merry Christmas....All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

I will be calling a tech. Not something I can deal with. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

No problem...All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!