HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I Have a propane stove. I beeps and a F! message shown on…

Customer Question
I Have a propane...

I Have a propane stove. I beeps and a F! message shown on the display. What is wrong.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

It just started

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just what F1 means.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/23/2017
HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 2 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

What is the make and model of the stove?

The F1 error is a fairly common code on many stoves, usually related to the ERC or the touch pad, however it may also be something else depending on the make and model stove.

How to test many brands of Ranges that are flashing a F1 fault code: You have either a bad ERC (clock) or a bad touch pad.

1. Disconnect power to stove
  2. Gain access to the back of the clock (electronic range control or ERC).
  3. Unplug the touch pad ribbon connector from the ERC. This will be a flat wire approx. 1 1/2" to 2" wide.
  4. Make sure everything is clear and will not short out when power is turned back on.
  5. Turn power back on to stove.
  6. Watch for the F1 and listen for the beep.
  7. If you get the F1 and beep, replace the ERC.
  8. If after approx. 30 minutes you do NOT get the F1 and hear the beep, replace the touch pad.
  9. NOTE: Some models incorporate the touch pad and the clock all together as one part. * We have seen a few Maytag ranges with a F1 fault code and the problem was the oven temp sensor, check carefully the wires to and from the oven temp sensor!!

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question?

Thanks,

Dave

HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 1 month ago

Hello, I was reviewing my open questions and noticed this one has not been replied too, however I did respond with an answer back on December 23, 2017 and therefore I am wondering if that has resolved the problem you were experiencing. I would greatly appreciate a reply email, so I can complete this open question, or just let me know if you need further assistance, and I can continue to look for another solution.

Hello...

I am not sure if you have been receiving my follow up messages regarding this question however, if you would be so kind as to please respond and let me know if the information I provided initially was helpful or if you still require some assistance, I would sincerely ***** ***** that way I can either continue helping you or forward this to customer support for further processing.

Thank you very much,

Dave

Hello... I would very much appreciate if you can take a few moments and reply to this email and let me know if you still require assistance, or should I proceed forward to closing out this question since it has been open for so long.

Thank you,

Dave

HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 29 days ago

I was reviewing my open questions list and noticed this one has not been answered or replied to. Did you still need help with it or should it go back to customer service for proper processing?

HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 15 hours ago

Your assistance is needed... A​s of today this question is almost 60 days old and based on the nature of the problem along with the recommendation that were provided, I would like for us to close out this question, however to do that it requires a rating by you as explained below.

Please note that the rating is only based on the experts attempt to resolve the problem. If you feel a credit or refund is applicable, please contact customer service directly as the experts are not authorized to handle these matters.

One of the goals here at Just Answer, is to provide each customer with the best experience possible and for the experts to earn a 5 Star Rating based on their responses, recommendations, and professionalism, when answering questions. If I have achieved that goal for this question, please take a few moments to rate my service and select the 5 Stars before logging out.

​Thank you very much for your assistance with this, I sincerely ***** *****

Dave

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer