HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I Have a propane stove. I beeps and a F! message shown on…

Customer Question
I Have a propane...

I Have a propane stove. I beeps and a F! message shown on the display. What is wrong.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

It just started

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just what F1 means.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/23/2017
HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 7 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

What is the make and model of the stove?

The F1 error is a fairly common code on many stoves, usually related to the ERC or the touch pad, however it may also be something else depending on the make and model stove.

How to test many brands of Ranges that are flashing a F1 fault code: You have either a bad ERC (clock) or a bad touch pad.

1. Disconnect power to stove
  2. Gain access to the back of the clock (electronic range control or ERC).
  3. Unplug the touch pad ribbon connector from the ERC. This will be a flat wire approx. 1 1/2" to 2" wide.
  4. Make sure everything is clear and will not short out when power is turned back on.
  5. Turn power back on to stove.
  6. Watch for the F1 and listen for the beep.
  7. If you get the F1 and beep, replace the ERC.
  8. If after approx. 30 minutes you do NOT get the F1 and hear the beep, replace the touch pad.
  9. NOTE: Some models incorporate the touch pad and the clock all together as one part. * We have seen a few Maytag ranges with a F1 fault code and the problem was the oven temp sensor, check carefully the wires to and from the oven temp sensor!!

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question?

Thanks,

Dave

Hello, I was reviewing my open questions and noticed this one has not been replied too, however I did respond with an answer back on December 23, 2017 and therefore I am wondering if that has resolved the problem you were experiencing. I would greatly appreciate a reply email, so I can complete this open question, or just let me know if you need further assistance, and I can continue to look for another solution.

Hello...

I am not sure if you have been receiving my follow up messages regarding this question however, if you would be so kind as to please respond and let me know if the information I provided initially was helpful or if you still require some assistance, I would sincerely ***** ***** that way I can either continue helping you or forward this to customer support for further processing.

Thank you very much,

Dave

HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 6 months ago

Hello... I would very much appreciate if you can take a few moments and reply to this email and let me know if you still require assistance, or should I proceed forward to closing out this question since it has been open for so long.

Thank you,

Dave

I was reviewing my open questions list and noticed this one has not been answered or replied to. Did you still need help with it or should it go back to customer service for proper processing?

HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 5 months ago

Your assistance is needed... A​s of today this question is almost 60 days old and based on the nature of the problem along with the recommendation that were provided, I would like for us to close out this question, however to do that it requires a rating by you as explained below.

Please note that the rating is only based on the experts attempt to resolve the problem. If you feel a credit or refund is applicable, please contact customer service directly as the experts are not authorized to handle these matters.

One of the goals here at Just Answer, is to provide each customer with the best experience possible and for the experts to earn a 5 Star Rating based on their responses, recommendations, and professionalism, when answering questions. If I have achieved that goal for this question, please take a few moments to rate my service and select the 5 Stars before logging out.

​Thank you very much for your assistance with this, I sincerely ***** *****

Dave

HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 4 months ago

If you could please respond and let me know if you still need assistance or if I can proceed in closing out this question, I would sure appreciate it as it is several months old.

Thanks

Dave

HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 3 months ago

Greetings...

I was reviewing my open questions and noticed this one has not been rated yet. If you could take a couple of moments and complete the 5 Star Rating which will close out the question I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Dave

I do apologize for these continuing follow-up messages, however since this question remains open and will only close out once the rating portion has been completed by you. Please assist me by taking a few moments to fulfill the rating requirement and this will satisfy the system.

Thank you so much, I sincerely ***** *****

Best,

Dave

HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 2 months ago

Hello... As part of our continuous follow up procedures, every open question requires it to be closed out once it has gone past a reasonable time, and that the expert has provided an answer that should have helped resolve your question. This can be done simply by completing the 5 Star Rating once it appears. If you still require assistance or have additional questions, you can let the expert know by replying to this posting that you still need their advice and recommendations.

Thank you,

Dave