HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My gas oven will ignite and start to heat up, but then it…

Customer Question
My gas oven will...

My gas oven will ignite and start to heat up, but then it will turn off.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It’s a Frigidaire gas range. ES100. I purchased it close to 10 years ago. It was repaired January 2016 to replace the hot surface igniter, digital thermostat, programmable thermostats and touchscreen thermostat (based on the invoice I was given)

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I’d like to since it’s the holidays and probably can get someone out today.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No thank you. I just want to know if this is something that I can fix myself.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/23/2017
HVAC Technician: Gaztech, HVAC Technician replied 6 months ago
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician

Hi I amCustomer a independent technician, I will assist you with your issue.

Don't forget to rate the 5 star rating AT THE TOP OF PAGE if we are done. this will credit me for assisting you.

I would say that the thermostat sensor is defective.

Is this something that I can repair myself?

Sensor is easy to change, it plugs it the control board ( a plastic plug with 2 wires) and the sensor goes in back held by 2 screws

Need Exact model number on sticker bottom compartment, just under big door

Hello??

The model is FGF337ECC

Let me check

Here islink to parts for your stove. they dilliver within 3 days.

https://www.reliableparts.com/lookup/48484

Link for part

https://www.reliableparts.com/product/inv_14944437

I noticed question is still opened and unrated please dont forget the 5 star rating if we are done

Sincerely

Customer/p>