HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

The controller display is off; what happened? In the past 3…

Customer Question
The controller display is...

The controller display is off; what happened?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

In the past 3 weeks. I checked also the there is no warm air flowing out of the vents.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

I changed filters before the cold season.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If i can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That two items only. Do you think i inserted the filter wrongly?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/23/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 7 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your

issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation.

What is the brand and model of your furnace?

it's hard to tell right now because the furnace is located in the ceiling; need to climb in there.

I need that info to answer your question. Also check if there is a flashing LED on the control board an what the flash sequence is.

LED on the furnace control board not the thermostat.

Looks like you have Carrier equipment. I'm going to open this up to my colleagues so one of them can help. Please don't respond (even to acknowledge this post)until you get a response from us. If you respond first it will only delay your answer.

HVAC Technician: niro9800, HVAC Mechanic replied 7 months ago
niro9800
niro9800, HVAC Mechanic
The thermostat will be powered by either batteries or the transformer. Since the thermostat is blank I would assume yours is not battery powered. First thing we need to do is check for power to the thermostat. Do you have a volt meter and do you know how to use it? Also you will need to go upstairs to the furnace and look at the Control board and see if you can see any LED lights through the clear inspection hole. When looking through the Inspection hole you will have to make sure you are looking at the correct angle because sometimes it is hard to see.