HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My gas fired Crown Boiler (in the basement) is showing signs…

Customer Question
My gas fired Crown...

My gas fired Crown Boiler (in the basement) is showing signs of delayed ignition. Over the last two days it comes on with a Bang Boom that you can hear and feel on the first floor and the second floor of the house.

Contractor's Assistant: Have you talked to a construction professional about the floor?

What do you mean? It is a delayed ignition problem. Has nothing to do with our floors.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No. I am not a boiler technician. Is there an easy fix that I can perform?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Well, it's the Holidays, and I am going to have guests over the weekend. I don't want to frighten them. What is the danger level in this situation? How do you fix it. How long does it take?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/23/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 6 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, that was our robotic artificial intelligence robot asking questions about the floor... it keyed in on 'floor' and went from there.

.

You can use a vacuum cleaner to clean the dust and lint away from the pilot light area, that has about 40% chance of solving the problem. beyond that some technical skills are required. I can coach you as needed without any time limits. I am 77 years old with 58 years in the boiler business and can take it anywhere you wish.

.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

.

If you have the full model number of the boiler that will help as well, I can pull the service manual for you in most cases.