HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Pipe on top came loose and pilot thermostat got wet, now…

Customer Question
Pipe on top came...

Pipe on top came loose and pilot thermostat got wet, now will not relight

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

Specific to the thermostat

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It was lit and working before leak at inlet soaked it

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/23/2017
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 6 months ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Did the pilot orifice get wet?

The heater was defective and had to be replaced.

OK glad you got it! Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas....All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!