HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a two zone Zone Perfect that from time to time locks…

Customer Question
I have a two...

I have a two zone Zone Perfect that from time to time locks on and continues to run the furnace well above the set point. At other times the board shuts down (all lights off) when the thermostat is calling for heat. is this fixable or does it need to be replaced and if so with what product/model ?

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

I have the stats set to hold 68 deg. there is a new clean filter

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, probably

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have helped install furnaces and boilers but never was a professional

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/22/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 4 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, click here please, if that is what you have, not an earlier version, it is a *communicating* controls system proprietary to Bryant/ Carrier corporation and the replacement needs to be identical.

That type of system can also have problems with the air handler/furnace control board, the problem may very well not be with your zone control panel.

.

Take close up, exceedingly well focused photo's of the wiring diagram glued inside the furnace/air handler door, and the printed circuit board mounted on the blower, and the printed circuit board showing all wire connections of the Zone Perfect controller and I will mark them up with trouble shooting instructions.

Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo(s) to me.

.

We can go from there with training, coaching and diagnosis.... without a time limit, In depth with as much detail as needed.

.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

For starters i now have a trane, the bryant died. Also, I have family commitments, as i am sure you have as well. Can we finish tomorrow AM?

Yes we can work on this without any time limits, tomorrow is fine.. so are the days following.

.

In the meantime tell me if the trane system has been working with this Bryant Zone Perfect system or not.

See you tomorrow, have a great Christmas !

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer