HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

We are having trouble converting from gas to propane. The…

Customer Question
We are having trouble...

We are having trouble converting from gas to propane. The instructions don't match the stove, model JGS760SEL1SS. How do we know if the orifices supplied match the instructions? The color codes seem to match, but nothing else does like the number markings. The center orifice seems to have a higher shoulder than the gas orifice, but has the orange/green color code. GE's customer support was not very helpful. The first person we talked to said that we have a newer model (convection oven) and the instructions provided have not been updated.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

JGS760SEL1SS, serial number TH190663P. GE tech told us our unit was built in October of this year. It's brand new.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes. We were told it was an easy conversion. We are down to the center burner orifice.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Need verification that the parts sent for the gas conversion are safe to use.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/22/2017
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 7 months ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Which kit did you get?