HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My son has a furnace that was installed in June it keeps…

Customer Question
My son has a...

My son has a Bryant furnace that was installed in June it keeps shutting off after multiple visits and$1000 in repair bills he’s now being told it’s the blower motor they think and it’s not covered under the warranty? Why would a brand new furnace not be 100% covered

Contractor's Assistant: Did you check the furnace's filters?

Not that I’m aware he knows nothing about furnaces but two big repair dealers have been there and 5 different techs and no one can give him a straight answer he just bought the house and moved in in june

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No he’s relying on the service techs I think whatever is wrong should be under the manufacturers warranty

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It turns off around 11 pm and the tech said it’s getting hot do they put in an additional vent plus other parts

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/21/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 6 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

All the work should have been covered under the warranty. I'd suggest you contact Bryant directly and complain about this dishonest treatment. I wouldn't let the installer do another thing or at least tell then you refuse to pay any more money for what should be warranty work. Here is a link to the Bryant contact page
https://www.bryant.com/bryant/en/us/contact-us/

I was wrong it is almost 18 months old

Still should be under warranty. Have your son check his. Most units have a 5 year warranty on controls and at least 20 on the heat exchanger.

I'd still advise him to contact Bryant. They don't want their customers to get fleeced by unscrupulous Bryant dealers.