HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

The flashing light on control says humidifier is running but…

Customer Question
The green flashing light...

The green flashing light on control says humidifier is running but is not the screen that says the amount of humidity is blank

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Two days

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Not sure

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

A heating technician serviced the furnace but said he did nothing to the humidifier and is. not responsible

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Yes every thing seems fine the humidifier does not kick on even tho the panel light says its running

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: HVAC
12/21/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 1 month ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, either there is no power to the humidifier or the controller inside the humidifier is defective. If you have a multi meter I can coach you on how to diagnose it.

.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry do n't have one
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I think I'll forget about it

Thanks, call your furnace repair guy back and ask if thinks he can repair or replace it.

Good luck with it

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer