HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Second opinion]. I am replacing older TPI corporation base…

Customer Question
Second opinion] hi Douglas. I...
Second opinion] hi Douglas. I am replacing older TPI corporation base board heater thermostats, with honeywell ct410b. The old ones has two red and two black wires. how do I connect them to the new one.
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: HVAC
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
12/21/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 9 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, click here please, see page 2 tell me if that wire configuration matches what you have or not,

We can go from there without any time limits.

What we need to do is sort out which two wires are incoming Line 1 and Line 2 power and which two wires run to the heater, if you can locate the house electrical panel breaker that turns off power to the baseboard, we can determine which two are hot when the thermostat is OFF... it will be those two that are Line 1 and line 2.... your existing thermostat will also be marked Line 1 and Line 2... and terminal 1 and Terminal 2.

.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.