HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Have heat problem, bought new thermastat, no display of

Customer Question
Have heat problem, bought...

Have heat problem, bought new thermastat, no display of temp, fan on auto runs

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Settings? you mean the wire connections?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/21/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 8 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your

issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation. What is the brand and model of your furnace?

coleman dont know model 92% efficiency 17 years old
no thanks, ***** *****
you still there Rick?

Yes. Are you getting a flash code on the control board?

on the furnace?

Yes

well that is a problem, I'm on second floor, furnace is in basement

Most likely this is a furnace problem. I need this info to assist you further

why doesnt the temp show on the thermostat?

Most likely because you have a furnace issue. An open limit circuit would cut off power to the thermostat.

ok, i will call my furnace tech, thanks

You're welcome