HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Just put in a honeywell lyric and the app is not working…

Customer Question
Hi..just put in a...

Hi..just put in a honeywell lyric and the app is not working --tech support are calling me back..but till then the auto doesnt seem to work..fan blows hot air constantly ..any suggestions

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

What do you mean by settings..a new filter was put in last week

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Will auto setting not work with out wifi hook up?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
how to i open these?
how long?
12/21/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 8 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello its probably wired incorrectly.

I need to know the type of furnace you have or if you have a heat pump with electric back up heat. I need photos of the wiring to the old thermostat, or at least what color of wire to each letter terminal. and the same information in the new thermostat.

.

You can attach those here using the 'add files' link next to your send button.

.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.