HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

We have an akai airconditioner. Eavh time we turn it on we…

Customer Question
We have an akai...

We have an akai airconditioner. Eavh time we turn it on we get a EO code

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just this week

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If we can

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/21/2017
HVAC Technician: Elliott Oxton, HVAC Mechanic replied 7 months ago
Elliott Oxton
Elliott Oxton, HVAC Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I am looking forward to helping you out today.

So that i can give you the correct information could you give me the model number of your air conditioner? Also are there any other numbers or letters in the error code or is it just EO?

Looking forward to assisting you today.

Elliott

Hi ElliottModel number is ***** 35CHSAKAIt is only EO displaying.
Thank youCan you see if the E0 is blinking? For example it may blink 3 times and then stay on solid.Also has any work been done recently on this equipment?
It blinks constantly. Only stops when we turn the power off at the mains outside. No work has been done recently. Only 3 years old
Does the indoor unit fan work? Or does both indoor and outdoor units cease to work?
Indoor fan works, outdoor fan doesn’t
Ok these sounds like you may have an issue with your outdoor unit. More then likely a thermal overload has tripped. If you turn the breaker off for a couple of hours does this reset the fault?
While the power is off to the unit can you check if you have any ice build up inside the outdoor unit or on any of the pipework?
We’ve tried turning it off for 24 hours but no luck. How do you check the pipe work
Just a visual inspection of the pipework is ok. Any that you can reac you could feel if it has iced up underneath.In the unit itself you may have to take the panel off to see inside.
Will get my husband to have a look & let you know. Is there anyway of resetting the outdoor unit
Sure ok. When he does he should still turn the power off for safety.I will check your model regarding any additional resets but turning the power off and waiting normally resets most safety faults which are reaetable.Can you tell me what is the outside temperature at the moment? And has it been that way for the past week? (Approximately)
Just to clarify the actual outside temp where you live rather then anything relating to the unit outside.
It’s been around 30-34 degrees Celsius the last week. We try running the air conditioning at 24. I can’t see or feel any ice
Ok at this time I am unable to help you further with this request. Another expert will be with you shortly to assist. Do not reply to this message until another expert has messaged you as it may delay them responding to you.
I hope you get it sorted quickly.