HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My Aprilaire unit only works in the test mode. I changed the…

Customer Question
My Aprilaire unit only...

My Aprilaire unit only works in the test mode

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?

I changed the water panel filter and the thermostat is also working

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Maybe if it’s not too complicated

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

There is a dark icon on the display it comes and goes, the shape of the image is similar to the cover

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/20/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 9 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, are you getting 24 volts between the two wires that run from the thermostat to the Aprilaire unit? If you are then there is a problem with the controls inside the aprilaire unit.

I need the full model of the Aprilaire unit to pull the service manual on it. We can go from there without any time limits.

.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.