HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

How do I replace a thermopile on a lenox gas fireplace. I…

Customer Question
How do I replace...

How do I replace a thermopile on a lenox gas fireplace. I can not seem to remove it from it's housing, nor could the plumber. I was able to grab it but it just spun, would not come up or down.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what type of fireplace is this?

Lenox natural gas

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No finding this out for the plumber

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't have the model number with me

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/20/2017
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 7 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

I would need the model to help .Some actually screw into the pilot assembly and others are just held in by a clip.Can you get model?

mpd4035cnmb
no as I will show this to the plumber tomorrow, don't want to have a misunderstanding
any answer for me?

Let me see if I can find anything on this for you

there is a standing pilot, where is the threaded fitting on the thermopile . Currently it just spins around and we were not able to see anything behind/below it due to it's location

He may have to remove the pilot assembly to get to the thermocouple to see if maybe there is a clip on top side or if the threads are stripped

does not look like an easy remove as the screws are difficult to access. Tried today and was unable to get at them

They are not easy to service