HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I have a late 1940 Maytag Dutch Oven. I can’t get any gas to…

Customer Question
I have a late...

I have a late 1940 Maytag Dutch Oven. I can’t get any gas to flow. The stove has been in a garage for 5 years and I was told it was working when they mothballed it.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I believe it’s a 1949 and the model number is ***** the serial number U 781075

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not to my knowledge just the gas flow issue

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/19/2017
HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 2 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

M​any of these old stoves and wall/built in ovens had safety reset valves located along the gas line tubing, some were easy to locate others were semi hidden. Here are a couple of links to the safety reset valve that may be the reason no gas is flowing.

http://www.antiquestoves.com/toac/safetyvalves.htm

http://www.supplyhouse.com/Robertshaw-1720-801-TS-J-Safety-Magnet-Head-Assembly

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question?

Thanks,

Dave

I have not been able to locate any additional information on this issue and since I have not received any feedback, I am thinking the recommendations I mentioned above have been helpful in resolving this problem. If you still need additional assistance just let me know by using the reply box.

Thanks,

Dave

HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 1 month ago

Hello, I was reviewing my open questions and noticed this one has not been replied too, however I did respond with an answer back on December 19, 2017 and therefore I am wondering if that has resolved the problem you were experiencing. I would greatly appreciate a reply email, so I can complete this open question, or just let me know if you need further assistance, and I can continue to look for another solution.

W​ere you able to get the oven working properly or do you still need assistance? Please advise.

Thanks

I was reviewing my open questions list and noticed this one has not been answered or replied to. Did you still need help with it or should it go back to customer service for proper processing?

Hello...

I am not sure if you have been receiving my follow up messages regarding this question however, if you would be so kind as to please respond and let me know if the information I provided initially was helpful or if you still require some assistance, I would sincerely ***** ***** that way I can either continue helping you or forward this to customer support for further processing.

Thank you very much,

Dave

Hello... As part of our continuous follow up procedures, every open question requires it to be closed out once it has gone past a reasonable time, and that the expert has provided an answer that should have helped resolve your question. This can be done simply by completing the 5 Star Rating once it appears. If you still require assistance or have additional questions, you can let the expert know by replying to this posting that you still need their advice and recommendations.

Thank you,

Dave

HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 6 days ago

Your assistance is needed... A​s of today this question almost 60 days old and based on the nature of the problem along with the recommendation that were provided, I would like for us to close out this question, however to do that it requires a rating by you as explained below.

Please note that the rating is only based on the experts attempt to resolve the problem. If you feel a credit or refund is applicable, please contact customer service directly as the experts are not authorized to handle these matters.

One of the goals here at Just Answer, is to provide each customer with the best experience possible and for the experts to earn a 5 Star Rating based on their responses, recommendations, and professionalism, when answering questions. If I have achieved that goal for this question, please take a few moments to rate my service and select the 5 Stars before logging out.

​Thank you very much for your assistance with this, I sincerely ***** *****

Dave

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer