HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Carrier gas furnace 394gaw00010. Woke up to no pilot light…

Customer Question
Carrier gas furnace 394gaw00010. Woke...
Carrier gas furnace 394gaw00010. Woke up to no pilot light or heat this morning.
Blower works damper works gas is on
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: HVAC
Checked circuit breaker
Checked filter
Checked thermostat
Can’t afford to replace the old girl right now
Help
12/19/2017
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 4 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

This is an old one before we had the eror lights on board to help us with troubleshooting.Let me see if I can find a manual. Meanwhile jump R to W on board and see if heat will come on

https://i.imgur.com/JprQdYv.png

Can you clarify “board”
I don’t have alligator clips. What can I use?

BOard is in blower compartment.Use needle nose pliers or a paperclip

Okay will check when I get home form teaching today. Thanks

We will go from here.

Did the jump at thermostat then furnace. No pot light ignition
That’s pilot light

OK there are several limits in the circuit between transformer and valve. Just for a test bypass each one (or test continuity) to see if one is open.

Here are the limits:

1.Fusible link

2.Main limit

3.Vent safety switch

4.Aux limit

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer