HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

We have a Lennox Bis Tradition burning fireplace. One of the…

Customer Question
We have a Lennox...

We have a Lennox Bis Tradition wood burning fireplace. One of the 2 blowers has malfunctioned (sudden loud squealing noise). We are finding it difficult to find a replacement - christmas is almost here with company - can we operate the fireplace with only one blower?

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what type of fireplace is this?

Lennox Bis Tradition

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Half & half - we live on an island - no service people to speak of

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

We already have it apart - the faulty blower is out - pieces all over the living room...

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/19/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 8 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Yes you can operate this with only 1 blower as a temporary measure. Disconnect the wiring to the offending side and wire nut the cable leads to avoid a short circuit

Do you have more questions?