HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Our thermostat keeps stopping the programmed instruction to…

Customer Question
Our thermostat keeps stopping...

Our thermostat keeps stopping the programmed instruction to stay at a certain heat for x number of hours and says something like " can't continue w/that instruction" . I seem to be able to get it back on track but I have to go out of town for 4 days and am afraid I will come home to a very cold house w/ no heat. Can we get a technician here in the next few days?

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

I did all of that-- this has been a problem for a long time but I'm always here to keep resetting it.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No- I really don't have any expertise. Something has gone wrong for it to malfunction constantly ( that's the word it keeps saying when it stops working...).

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Like what?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/19/2017
HVAC Technician: Elliott Oxton, HVAC Mechanic replied 7 months ago
Elliott Oxton
Elliott Oxton, HVAC Mechanic

Hi, my name is ***** ***** i have worked in the HVAC industry for over 15 years. At Just Answer we can give you advise to identify and often fix your issues for example with your programmer via the web. Unfortunately we do not do site visits but can give you the contact details of companies local to you that can which you can then contact to arrange a technician visit.

Would you like us to try to identify the fault for you? Or can we help you find a technician?

If you would like help with either of these please can you provide the make and model number of the programmer causing the issue? And if you would like a company contact then please provide the city or town that you live in.

Thank you

Elliott

HVAC Technician: Elliott Oxton, HVAC Mechanic replied 6 months ago
HiDo you still need help with this issue?
I am happ to try and assist you.
Elliott