HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

When I run my generalaire 1137 power humidifier after some…

Customer Question
When I run my...

When I run my generalaire 1137 power humidifier after some time there is loud vibration in the water line connecting to the humidifier. I have decreased and increases the water flow with no positive results. This issue is not present anywhere else in my home and has only been going on for a couple of weeks after having this humidifier installed 2 years ago without this issue until now. I have changed out the filter with no change in vibrations. Help.

Contractor's Assistant: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?

Yes...When I do that at most 1/2 hour goes by before the vibrating starts again

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it is a simple fix yes. I had my hvac guy back over a couple of times and he has never come across this issue before. He mentioned possibly replacing the solenoid on the system.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/19/2017
HVAC Technician: Gaztech, HVAC Technician replied 2 months ago
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician

Hi I amCustomer a independent technician, I will assist you with your issue.

Don't forget to rate the 5 star rating AT THE TOP OF PAGE if we are done. this will credit me for assisting you.

I have come across that problem before being that of the selenoid valve issue.

When vibration started, I could feel the vibration with my fingers and could hear it clearly with the screw driver handle up against my ear and the other end touching the selenoid.

Replacing part is a easy fix by shuting saddle water valve, shut power source that feeds it, then undue water lines, replace and thats it.

I would suggest you also check the fan motor for possible cause doing the screw driver trick.

Do u think replacing the solenoid will do the trick?
Can actually hear the humming/vibration upstairs on my first floor above the basement where the humidifier is located. It's the onlyh device in the house that creates this house in the house. Plus it's an expensive part.
only device in the house that creates this house with the water lines.

Did you do the screw driver trick?

You need to get General Aire Genuine OEM Replacement Solenoid Valve 990-53 because fitings at each end are diferant that universal types.

no i haven't done the screwdriver check yet. I will try that at home. thank you.

OK....

I noticed question is still opened, please dont forget to rate the 5 star rating if we are done.

Sincerely

Customer/p>
Gaztech
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician