HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I turned on my air con this afternoon for the first time…

Customer Question
Hi I turned on...

Hi I turned on my air con this afternoon for the first time this summer, its blowing air but its not cold?? I have cleaned the fliters ad checked the condensor and it is clean, is there any thing else I can do?

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Where is the thermostat?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No I can not think of anything

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/19/2017
HVAC Technician: Gaztech, HVAC Technician replied 7 months ago
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician

Hi I amCustomer a independent technician, I will assist you with your issue.

Don't forget to rate the 5 star rating AT THE TOP OF PAGE if we are done. this will credit me for assisting you.

When you turn on the AC does the outdoor unit start?

Do you see the fan turn?

Do you hear the compressor working?

all are working but its not cold air coming through

While unit is on, put your hand on the copper pipes that exits the house to the machine, one of them has black insulation, peel it back.

The large pipe should be cold and but not the small one. if not the you have lost your refrigerant and will need to be repaired by technician

I noticed question is still opened, please dont forget to rate the 5 star rating if we are done.

Sincerely

Customer/p>
why have I been charged $45 it said $5 when I paid via paypal
please cancel this immediately