HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I'm on service with a commercial Carrier heat pump, It wont…

Customer Question
I'm on service with...

I'm on service with a commercial Carrier heat pump

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

It wont shut off when reaching set temp

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Thats a service call

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Yes, I replace a new thermostat, new control board

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/18/2017
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 8 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

1Mdel on Heat pump?

2.Model on thermostat

Carrier 50TFQ009-521. Serial 2402G50779
TS Whiterodger, 2 stage heat

OK now when you say it will not shut off, Is Compressor and both fans continuing to run?

system still running. The only way to turn it off is to turn off the power

Lest eliminate thermostat being the issue,

Disconnect R ,Y1 and Y2 on unit control board from thermostat and see if unit stays on or goes off

Still running, i replaced a new board and TS
I disconnected 1 by 1, then 3 at the same time, unit still running