HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Lennox G21 pulse and it needs to have power removed…

Customer Question
I have a Lennox G21...
I have a Lennox G21 pulse and it needs to have power removed and put back on to make it start. It has been fine until we started getting zero degree nights. Now that it is back in the twenties it works fine, any suggestions?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/18/2017
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 7 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Troubleshooting the G21 is going to be a step by step process which we need to do when it should be on and is not. I can upload the service manual showing these steps if you would like and we can go through diagnostics together when it fails if you would like.

The two main reasons for it not to come on is an open limit or an open differential switch.

As for it only happening on colder days, I am inclined to think it could be a limit opening on days the furnace has to run longer to keep thermostat satisfied.

Let me know if it the G21R or G21Q

Without looking at it I'm not sure at work right now. All I know is it is variable speed 1 horse motor with an ECM
No live call I will get more info thx

Get me complete model when you are there and we can go from here.