HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I have a 2 yo furnace. It was not working right. I called a…

Customer Question
I have a 2...

I have a 2 yo furnace. It was not working right. I called a heating company. Did not appear to have a problem they could find. This went on every day with 4 different ones looking at it. Finally day 5 I was told the control board was bad at the cost of 600 for the part, labor taken care of by insurance what do you think

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Filter ok , thermostats tested. Furnace works if switch on side of furnace flipped on

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No the company wants 600.00 minus 300 for labor which ins. Is covering

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The total cost was 900.00 I am 71 yo lady am I being taken

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: HVAC
Waiting for answer to my question
Read questions none related
Still
waiting for answer
12/18/2017
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 2 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Looks like no techs were avaiailble last night at midnight.I think you are being taken. First of all the board should be covered under warranty.Most all manufacturers offer at least 5 years warranty on all parts. Do you have model and brand on furnace?

Not sure of brand. Model#ANH80803BNBB think it is Yamaha? Serial (###) ###-#### Cost or. 900 dropped to 600 for labor. I agree with warranty info.
I AM 71 yo I AM not going to be fixing it. I have been without heat for 8-9 days. Need some answers fast
Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer