HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a gas boiler furnace and it is making a lot of noise,

Customer Question
I have a gas...

I have a gas boiler furnace and it is making a lot of noise, although turning the heat down well below where it is set does not make the noise stop. It's a loud motor noise, but the furnace itself isn't running. Not sure if it's safe to wait until morning to call for service.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

I checked the thermostat - there are several zones in the house, and they are all set lower than the current actual zone temp

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No - I'll call for service in the morning.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I could submit a short video so you can hear the noise and where it's coming from. Is that possible?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
Why was my PayPal account charged $36 when I was told it would only be a $5 deposit?
12/18/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 8 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Do you still need help?

No, thank you.

OK, contact customer service if you want a refund