HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Honeywell gas hot water heater modelis leaking around where…

Customer Question
Honeywell gas hot water...

Honeywell gas hot water heater model(###) ###-####is leaking around where temp sensor goes into tank. Is it possible that control unit can be replaced or do I need new water heater?

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?

Hot water heater what filters? It is the thermostat I am taking about

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes if I can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Can that thermostat be removed and checked? I removed all the connected lines but thermostat does not look like it will come out, does it screw into tank?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/17/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 8 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Please ignore the intake bots questions. You can just replace the gas control valve. You don't have to replace the entire unit (tank). If the water heater is less than 6 years old this may be a warranty issue

how do you remove thermostat from water heater??
Rick can you answer my question about removing the thermostat?

This is a job for a plumber. It's not a DIY project. The old water heater thermostats just uscrewed. Not the new ones. The process is pretty involved

are you there I am not calling by phone????????????????????????????

Call prompt is automatic I have no control over it. We can continue here

Good please answer my question

I did. This is not a DIY project.

OK this is not what I expected. where do I fill to quit this service?
file not Fill

Contact customer service.

OK thank you

You're welcome