HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a breckwell 2000i stove installed in 2004. It has…

Customer Question
I have a breckwell...

I have a breckwell 2000i stove installed in 2004. It has performed very well all these years with no major breakdowns. The stove was thoroughly cleaned including the liner. The stove now shuts off within a few minutes after burning some pellets. The blower is working just fine. The stove will then shut off and the #2 light blinks. Do I need to replace the control panel or am I missing something?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Only a week or so.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible yes

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/17/2017
HVAC Technician: Iohn Keffer, HVAC Technician replied 8 months ago
Iohn Keffer
Iohn Keffer, HVAC Technician

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue.

I'M giving you the #2 error code which has many different parts that might been disturbed while cleaning, It could prove a difficult task.

Possible Causes 1. Pressure switch hose or stove attachment pipes for hose are blocked. 2. The air inlet, burnpot, interior combustion air chambers, combustion blower, or exhaust pipe are blocked with ash or foreign material. 3. The firebox is not properly sealed. 4. Vent pipe is incorrectly installed. 5. The pressure switch wire connections are bad. 6. The grey wires are pulled loose at the molex connector on the wiring harness. 7. Combustion blower failure 8. Control board not sending power to combustion blower 9. Control board not sending power to pressure switch 10. Pressure switch has failed (very rare)

Possible Remedies 1. Unhook the air hose from the pressure switch and blow through it. If air flows freely, the hose and tube are fine. If air will not flow through the hose, use a wire coat hanger to clear the blockage. 2. Follow all cleaning procedures in the maintenance section of the owner’s manual. 3. Make sure the door is closed and that the gasket is in good shape. If the ash door has a latch, make sure the ash door is properly latched and the gasket is sealing good. If the stove has just a small hole for the ashes to fall through under the burnpot, make sure the slider plate is in place to seal off the firebox floor. 4. Check to make sure vent pipe installation meets criteria in owner’s manual. 5. Check the connectors that attach the grey wires to the pressure switch. 6. Check to see if the grey wires are loose at the molex connector. 7. With the stove on, check to see if the combustion blower is running. If it is not, you will need to check for power going to the combustion blower. It should be a full current. If there is power, the blower is bad. If there is not see remedy 8. 8. If there is no current going to combustion blower, check all wire connections. If all wires are properly connected, you have a bad control board. 9. There should be a 5-volt current (approximately) going to the pressure switch after the stove has been on for 30 seconds. To test the pressure switch, you will need to disconnect the air hose from the body of the stove. With the other end still attached to the air switch, very gently suck on the loose end of the hose. If you hear a click, the air switch is working. BE CAREFUL! TOO MUCH VACUUM CAN DAMAGE THE PRESSURE SWITCH

Don't forget to rate the 5 star rating AT THE TOP OF PAGE after we are done. this will credit my account for assisting you.