HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

May name is victor, I have a Gibson furnace and want out. I…

Customer Question
Hi may name is...

Hi may name is ***** ***** have a Gibson furnace and want out. I check to se if I can get it to go and I replace the ignator because the existing will not get red hot. now I replace the pressure switch and dose not turn on, but if a disconnect one of the hose that connect to the pressure switch and blow are in with my mouth the gas valve will release gas and the furnace will the start. Can you help me. Thank You

Contractor's Assistant: Did you check the furnace's filters?

That was the first thing I did

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If is something simple yes if not I will get a Tech.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Well if I blow on the hose , The furnace will start

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/17/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 5 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

If the pressure switch has been replaced then either there is something blocking the exhaust or the port where the tubing connects is blocked. You can try poking a paper clip into the port on the furnace (not the switch) to clear it. Beyond that check to see if the exhaust (or air intake) is blocked or if there is debris in the draft fan.

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer