HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

In MA. I had a gas insert FV 441) installed 3-4 years ago. I…

Customer Question
Hi I am Johnny...

Hi I am Johnny Hagen in MA. I had a gas insert FV 441) installed 3-4 years ago. I have been using it quite a bit this late fall /winter. Yesterday I turned it on (remote) it fired up and ran for10-15 seconds and then shut down and if i recycle the unit . sometimes it fires up again but the run time is shorter. Any suggestions

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?

Thermostat set at 71deg and ambient is 66. Have not checked filters - where would they be located

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Maybe Yes, Maybe No depends on difficulty. I have an hvac person available but i don't know how quick i can get him here

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that comes to mind

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/17/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 7 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Turn the remote activation switch on the left side of the unit from REMOTE to ON. Here's a link to the manual location on page 30

https://www.questargas.com/ForEmployees/qgcOperationsTraining/Fire%20Places/Mendota%20FV44i%20Owners%20Manual.pdf