HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

American standard furnace with steady blinking light,

American standard furnace with...

American standard furnace with steady blinking light, temperature showing 2 degrees lower then thermostat set, thermostat comments reads waiting for equipment. Took several minutes forbheatbto come on. What does this mean.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

Thermostat tried to reboot earlier in week, temperature gets to low, heat will not come on for several minutes.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Is temperature likely to keep dropping during the night.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

First time system has done this

12/17/2017
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

There are several issues

1. No thermostat is 100% accurate

2. Todays modern thermostats can be programmed with a dead band to avoid short cycling and save on fuel,

Yours may have the dead band set at 2 deg F. thats common.

.

We can go from here in as much depth and detail as you need.

.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

.

Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer